Monday, April 1, 2019

Week 91: Weekly :)

This week was so cool!!
We had tons of great experiences. We started off pretty slow, but the weekend was crazy busy. Elder Williams plays piano at an expert level, and one day we were volunteering at a senior center, not an old folks home but more like a community lunch and activity center for senior citizens. I was washing dishes, and he was playing piano when a lady came up to him. She asked if we could teach her husband, she explained that she was an ex-communicated member that wants to get back into things, and she wants her husband to come with her!! She's from the ranch. We had a lesson with them this week and it was a beautiful experience. 
We did lots of service this week, from helping assemble a tin barn to helping a recent convert recover move some truck tires and other car parts. 

Every 5th Sunday, all the different break-offs in the Ranch get together along with members from our church, and have a 2 hour long meeting. Each church gets a chance to conduct the meeting, and they call on different people from the crowd, led by the Spirit, to come up and speak. I can honestly say that I felt the Holy Spirit so strong there. I have learned on my mission, and especially in Stockton, that no matter where I am there are good people. There were lots of good people there. Elder Williams and I were called upon to be the last speakers. It was an honor to address all that were in attendance. I shared some of Christ's teachings about unity and talked about how our goal in life should be to come to the unity of the faith, to the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. Even though we are different in the execution of our faith, we all believe in Christ, we all try to help others, and we all want to be better. I learned so much from that meeting, not only in what was said, but what I felt and what I was able to take from it. I hope that I will be able to share the Spirit that I felt there as I try to go about my Heavenly Father's will.

I love revelation! I love the Book of Mormon. I love Jesus Christ.

I love you!
Elder Eliason

Pictures: (they're older, I don't have my camera with me)
Elders, from left to right
Me, Elder Plummer, Elder Hansen, Elder Barber, Elder Hartley
Elder Plummer and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment