Monday, January 15, 2018

Week 28: Birthday in the Field

We did lots of tracting this week, and I am beginning to refine and improve my techniques for tracting, so that I can be a more effective teacher at the doorstep.  One thing that I have learned recently is that you can teach more than just a 3 sentence explanation of the Book of Mormon to lots of people, and they will most likely listen.  The more they know, the more intrigued they will be and the tools you give them will reap better results.  

Shout-out to my family for making my birthday interesting!! My family somehow got in contact with a member of the branch I am currently serving in, and she baked me a cake!! That was a great surprise.  It felt different having a birthday on my mission, not as much focused on me, and I liked it!  It always feels good to serve others at any time, and I know that it is what Christ would have us do.

One thing I have learned this week is that families are so very important!!
Families are a huge gift from our Heavenly Father, because as we interact in families we understand our relationship to Him in more detail and in a wider frame of perspective.  I am so happy for the family He has given me, and I appreciate their support so much!!

I know our Heavenly Father loves us, and He wants the best for us.  I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ will allow us to continually align our hearts and minds with His will, and by aligning ourselves, we will be blessed!

I love y'all!  I hope you have good weeks this week!
Love,
Elder Eliason
 This little pup followed us around when we went tracting in a really small town.  He was fun!
We shared some cake with Elder Barber (from the MTC), and his trainee, Elder Angelbuer.  The day after that we blitzed their area and found lots of new people for them to teach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment