Monday, July 31, 2017

Week 5: Camdenton, MO

Elders Stevens, Call, Eliason and Brown
Elders Eliason and Brown

This week has been CRAZY!!  
We were eating tacos on Tuesday, this local place has a great deal and also the cook is a non-member in a part-member family.  While we are there we get a call from the same family we met on transfer day.  So my comp answers the phone while we are sitting around small-talking and eating tacos, and says, "yes, we will be there in about 10 minutes".  Mind you, we had just received our food, so I was quite interested to see what was of so great importance that it superseded tacos.  Apparently I needed to be humbled about my purpose as a missionary (again), because we went and talked to a 12 year old boy, about how he was important to us, and more importantly, to God.  He said he didn't want to hold anyone back, but we explained to him how his family loves him and he loves his family.  It was a powerful experience, and I know that the family is progressing and growing so much!!  The father even pulled out 2 Nephi 28:20, and told his son if he ever got mad or had bad feelings to read about that and pray.  The father was teaching out of the Book of Mormon!!  We are enjoying our job very much as missionaries, and it gives us a lot of satisfaction to help and serve others.  I was studying repentance in PMG, It defined repentance as "to change our thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors that are not in harmony with His will".  This helped me remember that repentance isn't JUST repentance, it's a way to correct our actions and bring us closer to Him.  I testify that as we repent, we are coming closer to our Heavenly Father, by denying all ungodliness in our lives, and we are also coming closer to Christ, because we are using His Atonement to enable us to repent.  I love my Savior, and I know He loves all of us individually.
I love and  hope to hear from all y'all!
Elder Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment