Monday, June 17, 2019

Week 102: Weekly

Hey! I hope this week has been really well for you. It certainly has been for me!

Highlights of the week:

A lady we have been teaching came to church for the second week in a row!! We are excited to help her keep progressing in her testimony of the Gospel of Christ.

I was able to call home on Father's day!! It is always a sweet experience to remember all that my father (and mother) have done for me. It's so much, and I bet I don't even see past the surface. My parents are the best!!

We were able to very specifically pray for people to talk to while knocking doors, and we haven't been able to knock on that many doors because we keep having great conversations with those we talk to.

A recent convert has been struggling with defending truth and his faith, even among his own roommates. We talked with him about how certain qualities like meekness and love unfeigned are how we are able to reach the hearts of those we interact with, and the heart is where true change comes from.

I read this quote in a talk Elder Uchtdorf gave in a talk in April 2016: "Obedience is the lifeblood of faith. It is by obedience that we gather light into our souls." I know that this is true! Obedience allows us to show our faith, to receive blessings, to learn truth, and to return back to our Heavenly Father. These are the blessings of obedience!! What great rewards!

Jesus Christ lives, and through Him we can live, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 

Love, 
Elder Eliason :)

 A picture of me with a "razorback" hog, the mascot at the University of Arkansas
 I'm going to expire before a gallon of milk now!
 $23 in quarters I have saved over the last year. For the worth of a quarter is great!!
A quote from President Monson that I really enjoy
Father's Day tie from Elder Johnson, my trainer. Just happened to notice the inscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment