Monday, June 3, 2019

Week 100: Cover Photo

Hey! I hope you had a week as great as mine! We were busy busy.
Tuesday we had a tornado warning, so we ran to the institute building from contacting on campus and played ping pong in the basement until the warning passed. Then we drove to Bentonville and picked up an extra car. (yay!!) On the way back, we saw 3 or 4 wrecks. It was raining pretty hard and I guess people went faster than their tires could handle, and they hydroplaned.

We did lots of service this week, lots of it the same as always, but on Saturday we had 10 missionaries at the library for the Summer Reading Kickoff. We helped set up bounce houses, booths, we popped popcorn, we were parking attendants, I was a crossing guard, and my favorite of all, I got to be Pete the Cat!!!!!!!!🐱 It was awesome! There were 6 thousand people there, and we got to interact with most of them. One of the library workers said, "We couldn't have done it without the black tags!" It was a blast. 

We rode bikes some this week, and I went to church at the YSA for the first time, so I guess I'm officially a missionary in the YSA ward. I'm sad to leave the 1st ward, but I'm glad that we are still here to help the sisters transition. This summer, since school is out, the focus for the YSA is preparing the missionaries for the fall. Part of that is having students take a survey that President Strong has put together to evaluate the need of different resources that we have at our disposal, that we haven't used, like the Addiction Recovery Program, or the Self Reliance Courses, or classes to overcome anxiety and depression. I really think that this is a good direction for the future of the work on the campus. The work is hastening! The times are changing! And we are in the middle of it!! It is wonderful :)
Have a great week!
Love, 
Elder Eliason


I made the cover photo of the Fayetteville Public Library!! 
 Cover Photo Close-up 
 A very interesting take on life
 Pete, So Sweet
 Pete The Cat Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment