Monday, June 24, 2019

Week 103: Last weekly :'(

Hello! I hope all is well for you. 
This is my last week in the Arkansas Bentonville Mission! It's been a crazy time, and I have grown so much. 
This week was incredible. Monday we knocked into a guy named Demarcus and he was looking for a church and wants to get baptized and we were all like, "we can definitely help you!" 😂 We met with him and his wife on Friday and they wanted to come to church, so we came back on Saturday and introduced them to some members, who picked Demarcus' wife, Jamie, up for church, and the members said Jamie really enjoyed church and want to bring their whole family next week! Demarcus had to work last minute :(
We also knocked into a guy named Dillon that couldn't talk then but we set up a return appointment and when we came back, he really opened up to us and had some great questions that he was sincerely looking for answers to. He prayed at the end of our discussion, and when he prayed he thanked God for sending him us as a sign as an answer to his prayers! He is pumped about coming to church as well. He loved the way that the children are taught at church. 
We have had many experiences that are tender mercies from the Lord. 

I love this work!! I am so sad to leave it full time, but I am excited to start a new chapter of my life, and do all that I can to follow God's will for me. 

God loves us. Christ atoned for our sins and he is there to comfort and support us through our trials and weaknesses. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to become like our Heavenly Father and receive all that he has. We can change. Our desires and our works are important. As we follow Christ and forget ourselves, we will be supremely happy. Through Joseph Smith Jr. the Church of Jesus Christ had been restored. As we participate in the ordinances of salvation, we will receive greater light and direction in our lives. The Holy Spirit is active on the earth. He inspires and directs us as we allow Him. God has a plan your you and for me. We can do it! I know these things to be true.
My heart is full, and I feel so much love as I look back on the people I have interacted with during the last two years of my life, and I am so grateful for this labor of love that I have been a part of. This truly is God's work, and His glory. 

I love you!! Take care, and I hope to connect with all of you very soon. 

Love, 
Elder Eliason 

 A live tree growing out of a piece of wood. 
 Pictures with the Palmer family, the Bishop of the 1st ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment