Monday, July 2, 2018

Week 52: Happy 4th of July Week

At first I thought nothing much happened this week, aaaaand then I remembered that I hit a year on my mission and got a new mission president, President Strong!

Other than that it was pretty hum drum. 
It's very humid, so tracting is very sticky and hot.

For my year mark we were on exchanges in Joplin, it was fun!! The 4th here is so awesome!! Last night, we were doing some companion study at the church, when we got done (around 9) we go out the door and THERE'S A ROMAN CANDLE WAR AND WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT!!! It was intense.

People here take fireworks seriously. There are at least 7 fireworks stores in Parsons, and even last Saturday there are families in the streets lighting off fireworks. We even saw two four year olds, with no supervision, lighting off firecrackers in a bucket. It was scary to watch. Independence day here is more like Independence week:) 

Well, I hope y'all have a great Independence day (or week!!) and keep cool😎 
Love, 
Elder Eliason 
President and Sister Strong
 Flyshooter
 No Trespassing
Temperature in Parsons, KS 06.29.2018

No comments:

Post a Comment