Monday, June 25, 2018

Week 51: Parsons punching the petrol pedal!!

Hey what's good?!
I hope you are having a great week! I sure am. I got my new companion this week, Elder Hutchings. He's awesome! He has acquired a lot of skills over the last 23 months, and I am trying my hardest to keep up with him! He really is putting the pedal to the metal. It's always nice to get some fresh eyes in an area, a fresh perspective and most missionaries have a strong desire to start off on the right foot. Just like in a race, the start is one of the most important parts.

One thing that we are focusing on is really strengthening the members here. We visited a lot of the active members when elder Hutchings first got here, and they said things like "I'm sorry you got called here" and "I don't even remember when the last baptism here was." I think that a lot of the members here have become discouraged and burnt out, but we all need times of rejuvenation!! One of the things we are praying for is at least one baptism this transfer. Not for us, but for that person, and also for the branch. If the work can get a kick start, it will start to roll. So, that's what's going on in Parsons!!!
I love my mission! I love working hard, I love helping others, I love talking to people about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I love you!!

I hope all y'all have such a good week!

Love, 
Elder Eliason 
 The Bloody Benders
 Dirt in your life
 Wheat harvest has begun



No comments:

Post a Comment