Monday, June 4, 2018

Week 48: Welcome to the Grind

We did a lot of knocking doors, and a lot of talking to people on the street this week. It was a grind for sure!

We watched the Celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Revelation on the Priesthood, it was a ball! One of the best times on my mission. You should definitely check it out if you haven't already!

It's getting reeeeally hot here, so I'm not looking forward to the heat of the summer.  We went on exchanges with some other elders this week, and I got to ride a bike! I love riding bikes, and it was fun to be able to hand people cards as we rode past them.  I've not found a way to talk to people that isn't awkward when I'm in a car...

One quote that I've been hearing quite often this week is "People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care."  I think that the Savior is a great example of this.  When the woman was caught in adultery, Christ didn't throw a stone at her, he saved her from a stoning and then taught her and commanded her to "go, and sin no more." (John 8:11) I have found that when I serve people before trying to teach, they feel the love of Christ and want to know more.  
If you are a disciple of Christ and people know you, but not Christ, they will want to know you because they know Christ!!  Service is the way to the hearts of all men everywhere!!

This week was pretty normal.  

I hope you all have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Eliason


 The staff of LIFE!
"Where do you want to go for lunch?" 
    "I don't care"
  
The most blatant oxymoron I have ever seen - Liberal, MO (Pop. 759)
You couldn't get Kansas flatter if you steamrolled it!

No comments:

Post a Comment