Monday, August 6, 2018

Week 57: Fast Times in Labette County :)

Hey! 
This week was good.  Transfers came and went, and now Elder Johnson is learning the ropes.  We are doing some good work and enjoying life. Kansas is doing well, when I came to Parsons they had just planted the corn, and now they are harvesting, and it has been a good experience to see the circle of corn life ;)

But for real, life is good!! I have been reading in the war chapters in Alma recently, and one thing that has stuck out to me is that if we have confusion and struggles internally, the enemy will capitalize on that and weaken us.  What Moroni did in that situation is quickly put an end to the dissensions, so that the Nephites could be of one accord in trusting in the Lord.  I know that as we cast out our doubts, fears, and other struggles, we will be strengthened by the Lord and develop faith, confidence, and a general hope for good things to come.  
One quote that hit me this week by Elder Holland is, "Believe in miracles. I have seen so many of them come when every other indication would say that hope was lost. Hope is never lost. If those miracles do not come soon or fully or seemingly at all, remember the Savior’s own anguished example: if the bitter cup does not pass, drink it and be strong, trusting in happier days ahead." -Oct. 2013, 'Like a Broken Vessel'

I love all of you, and hope that you always have happier days!!

Elder Eliason
Elder Johnson and me at transfer point
 Two of my past companions, Elders Hutchings and Olsen
 Things like this brighten my day, break up the tracting!
  These pallet flags are pretty popular here, not sure if they are "in" out west or not...
 I LOVE looking at church signs haha!  Sometimes they say funny things!
Funny truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment